From FMWebschool Reference
This page documents the continuous progress of FMStudio as it evolved based on user comments, suggestions, and bug reports from across the whole FileMaker community.
Version 1.2.0 (November 01, 2006)
- Site Builder introduced
- Numerous bug fixes
- Alternative database browser interface for Mac OS
- Many minor bug fixes
Version 1.2.5 (November 14, 2006)
- Quick start guide published
- Improvements to recordset detection
- Added "convert PHP page to FMStudio compatible PHP" command
- Bug fixed that affected spaces within FileMaker field names
- Site builder modified to avoid dangerous site names that can disrupt existing folders
- Added a connection type to support easy logins with FileMaker accounts
Version 1.3.0 (November 28, 2006)
- Support for value lists added
- Improved behavior of the variable selector, now it suggests field names for GET and POST
- Compatibility fixes with PHP4
- Added the FileMaker Server version to connection error messages, greatly simplifying debugging
- Fixed errors with records that displayed portals with no related records
- Added support for paging on result pages generated with a POST request
- Added the Dynamic Data Link server behavior allowing easy linking between records using fields other than the record-id
Version 1.3.1 (December 28, 2006)
- Fixed a minor bug where pages with dynamic very large tables created by the table wizard would freeze for extended periods of time when opening the file
- Other minor bugs were fixed
Version 1.3.3 (March 08, 2007)
- Added the Dynamic File Link server behavior, download links for container field contents are now possible
- Added automatic notification about the database floater bug for Mac OS users
Version 1.3.4 (March 22, 2007)
- Additional messages added into the Site Builder to help users along
- Bug fixes within the Site Builder
- [FX.php version only] Added formal support videos and configuration settings for FileMaker 5/6 connections
Version 1.4.0 (May 18, 2007)
- Added the often requested feature of being able to access a newly created or edited record on the same page using the bindings panel
- Added the FMStudio Connection Testing Server
- Other small bugs were fixed
Version 1.4.2 (June 20, 2007)
- Added 'add all' and 'remove all' buttons to dialogs that require multiple fields, building large forms is now faster than ever before
- Small bug fixes in some server behaviors
Version 1.5.0 (July 06, 2007)
- Added checking for valid server addresses in the connection dialog (avoids accidental errors when you add 'http:' or any trailing slashes)
- Added a link to common connection problems and resolutions to the connection dialog
- Fixed a possible bug on some file systems when using layout names with special characters (would appear as no fields on some of the layouts)
- Added support for the FMWebschool FMStudio Module Architecture, which provides essential services to FMStudio modules. This update is required in order to use the new FMStudio Email module, and is a prerequisite for any future modules.
Version 1.5.6 (July 26, 2007)
- Added support for more module functions
- This version is a minimum requirement for the File Upload Module
- First release with a new Dreamweaver extension packaging infrastructure
- Build and maintenance time for the packaged has been decreased by 66%, which means much more rapid update schedule for the future
Version 1.6.0 (August 4, 2007)
- Fixed issues with broken "Select Database" button in some connections
- Fixed some files that were missing in the packages
- This was a follow-up to problems in 1.5.6 which were due to a transition to a new extesion packaging infrastructure
- Added support for color selectors in module dialogs, required for the Charts module
- Added support for file manipulation functions for the templates and icons module
Version 1.6.2 (September 4, 2007)
- Fixed an issue with the Delete Server Behavior creating fatal syntax errors on certain systems.
- Expanded the video guide collection with the addition of a detailed 17 minute video on integrating new record creation, record deletion, and editing into a single interconnected system.
Version 1.6.6 (September 17, 2007)
- Added a new connection type "FileMaker Connection with Table Login"
- Using this connection type you can specify a layout and two fields which will be used to login a user by searching within this layout on those two fields which will act as the username and password fields for authentication purposes.
- Note: The FileMaker API or FX.php must be reinstalled and reuploaded to your testing server in order to get an updated copy of the FMStudio_Tools.php file with the new login functions.
- Added drag-and-drop bindings for both user and table based logins. You can now print the user name and password on the page, as part of an email with the Email Module, or submit it as part of a database search or query.
- Fixed an issue with the "-recid" variable missing from a Filled Form Builder that is based on a New Query or Edit Query server behaviors
- Added related fields into regular recordset bindings instead of just special portal bindings
- Fixed a bug within the Dynamic File Link server behavior which would not allow the file download for API users unless the fmxml Extended Privilege was enabled. Now only the fmphp privilege is required for dynamic file links.
Version 1.6.8 (October 4, 2007)
- Added an improved FileMaker API installation dialog with selection for either Server 8 or Server 9 version of the API
- Server 8 beta version of the API has been updated to expire on January 7, 2008
Version 1.7.0 (October 17, 2007)
- New Server Behavior: Recordset Paging -> Navigation Bar, create your own customized standard navigation bar in seconds.
- New Server Behavior: Sorting -> Sort Link, make clickable sortable links (such as table headings).
- Added ability to install the API from the database creation dialog if it is detected as not being installed in the current site.
- Set the default error page choice to "error.php".
- Added $_REQUEST to the variable selector.
- Added a number of instances where POST -recid is suggested by default.
- Greatly improved value list handling, no more horrendous freezes when having many lists on many different layouts.
- FileMaker API only: calculation fields are automatically removed from field lists in Edit and New queries.
- Variable selector now includes a description for each variable type.
- Error about MYSQL _mmServerScripts request on some CS3 systems is now fixed.
- Auto detection and update of outdated FMStudio_Tools.php file now added.
- Fixed bug that caused post_data to be appended to the URL even when no post was made (when implementing paging).
- Added automatic precedence suggestion in sort (suggests the correct next precedence if previous sort is already on the page).
- The server behaviors menu has now been rearranged to follow a task oriented approach.
- Value lists can now be added to pages without any Recordsets or other connection objects (such as an initial add form with nothing else on that page).
- The redirect server behavior can now pass a dynamic GET variable to the redirected page.
Version 1.7.2 (October 25, 2007)
- Fixed a bug with Sort Link that would not print the closing 'a' tag properly.
- Added the New Lines to Line Breaks binding format for the 'nl2br' function to preserve filemaker new lines inside of your dynamic fields.
- Fixed auto update detection for the FMStudio_Tools.php file.
- Fixed CS3 Mac OSX bug which caused the regular connection object to be unusable (initializeUI not defined errors).
- Solved the Dreamweaver 8+ on the Mac issue with the Databases tab, the Database Info Floater is no longer required.
Version 1.8.0 (January 22, 2008)
- New Features:
- Caching of database layout structure for much faster (10x in some cases) application response, enable it from the new FMStudio menu!
- Completely New Menu: "FMStudio"
- Allows management of new caching features
- Gives access to quick links for the reference wiki and the forums
- FMStudio one click forum search - try it out when you get stuck next time, it will perform an advanced search for you only within the FMStudio section!
- Added Session Support - find a new Session menu under Server Behaviors to visually manage session variables (tutorial video will be released for this feature)
- New "Format Date and/or Time" Feature accessible from the Dynamic Display Data server behavior sub-menu, allows you to use any switches of the date function with FileMaker date/time/timestamp fields, and includes protection against blank fields (will display blanks as blank text not 00:00 or 01/01/1970)
- Minor Improvements:
- Added a new Format "Encode - Decode HTML", allows HTML within FileMaker fields to be injected into the page properly (thank you Andy Gaunt from FMPug for the suggestion)
- Made REQUEST the default variable type for the Variable Selector, REQUEST allows you to use either GET or POST in the request and should make your development faster, no need to constantly switch from the "constant" type to "GET" or "POST" (thank you Andy Gaunt from FMPug for the suggestion)
- Added more operators for the Variable Selector, listed the "@" function to silence undefined index errors
- Fixed Bug: Portal repeating region now properly shows up for PHP API users (FX users were not affected)
- Fixed Bug: Problem with special characters in layout names causing "`" characters to break the code on the page
- Added recid selector to value list server behaviors - FileMaker Server 9 users can now enjoy displaying value lists with related values by giving the value list a record context upon which to base the list. (enabled for both FX and API users, but FileMaker Server 9 is required for this functionality)
- Repetition number can be selected for dynamic text fields (drag/drop a binding, then find it under server behaviors and edit it to specify a repetition)
- Quick Example Movie of the new features FMStudio Update
Version 1.8.3 (January 30, 2008)
- Added support for new module technology, needed for FMStudio PayPal Module
- Fixed bug with value lists crushing Dreamweaver
- Resolved a number of issues with MX versions of Dreamweaver
Version 1.8.6 (September 18, 2008)
- Fixed bug with some Mac installations that would warn about the FileMaker API or FX.php not being installed when it was properly installed.
- Added the option of "Raw Field Data" in the Variable Selector, checking this box allows you to use the field data without HTML encoding. This for example allows a complex URL to be stored in the database or auto generated with a calculation and then properly passed to the Redirect server behavior - without "Raw Field Data" the redirect would add special characters into your URL.
- Removed the option of installing the FileMaker 8 beta copy of the FileMaker API since this copy has expired back in January.
- Fixed a number of other miscellaneous bugs.
Version 1.9.0 (April 21, 2009)
- Integrated a brand new Advanced Editor into FMStudio, now you can edit and submit formatted text as HTML into your database.
- Added better handling of incorrect user names and passwords when creating FileMaker PHP API connections
- Fixed support for spaces and special characters in field names. Now when you build a form using the Form Builder Wizard or the Filled Form Builder Wizard, FMStudio corrects field names to web safe names automatically. When using those fields in Find, Edit, and New queries they are auto corrected to their web safe names as well.
- Fixed problems with spaces in Find, Edit, and New query names, now if you accidentally use a space there or an invalid character, FMStudio auto corrects it with underscores.
- A couple of others internal minor fixes.
Version 1.9.3 (May 05, 2009)