From FMWebschool Reference
The FMStudio Templates and Icons module allows FMStudio users to get a jump start on their pages by using a nice CSS enabled template as a starting point for an FMStudio page. Templates are easy to use and automatically install dependent files, while icons are very quick and easy to apply into any Dreamweaver page (even non-FMStudio pages).
Version 1.0.0 (August 4, 2007)
- Template Module released
- Initially 10 different templates are supported
- Two sets of icons (120 in total, 60 per set), black and white themes
Version 2.0.0 (October 15, 2009)
- Added FMStudio Pro compatibility to the module
1. Template Usage
- Under the Commands menu of Dreamweaver, select "Install FMStudio Template"
- Select the template from the drop down list
- Make up a page name for the target page, this should preferably be a non-existent page
- For example search_results.php, search_form.php, or edit_form.php
- Make sure the file extension is .php
- Your page is now ready to be used for FMStudio objects
- Please note only one template should be used throughout the site as they share a common stylesheet that is overwritten when a different template is selected
2. Icon Usage
- Under the Window menu of Dreamwaver, select "FMStudio Icons"
- Place your cursor within design view where you want the icon to appear
- Click on the icon in the floating palette to insert it at the cursor location and copy its file to your local site
- Your icon is now ready to be used for any purposes you wish, such as a link or just an icon
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Templates with the Site Builder?
Currently the templates can only be used manually, direct site builder integration is planned for the future.
Can I modify/add my own templates?
You can modify or add any template folders into your Dreamweaver configuration in order to modify the list of templates that comes with the module
Configuration location for Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver\Configuration\Commands\FMStudio_Templates\ Configuration location for Windows (CS3): C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver\Configuration\Commands\FMStudio_Templates\
Configuration location for Mac: /Users/YourUserName/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver/Configuration/Commands/FMStudio_Templates/ Configuration location for Mac (CS3): /Users/YourUserName/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver/Configuration/Commands/FMStudio_Templates/
Each folder within that location creates an entry in the templates list.